Since our founding in 1990, Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz (BSSF), CPAs, has grown to become a premier advisory firm providing accounting, assurance, tax and consulting services across the Mid-Atlantic region. From advising large corporations concerned about regulations to helping startups ensure high standards from day one, our professionals will serve you with integrity, are always responsive to your needs, and are dedicated to provide you quality service.
Our team has nearly doubled in size since our founding—with approximately 150 professionals and administrative personnel, including over 60 CPAs, and one of the largest tax departments in the region. With offices in Camp Hill, Lancaster and Hanover, Pennsylvania, as well as Frederick and Westminster, Maryland, we have the capabilities to support clients throughout the entire Mid-Atlantic region.
BSSF Team Awards & Honors
We are proud of our team’s accomplishments and work hard to maintain employee satisfaction in addition to continued leadership as a premier CPA firm.
- Nationally ranked the #2 2022 Best Accounting Firm to Work For by Accounting Today. (BSSF has been named a Best Accounting Firm to Work For 11 times.)
- Nationally ranked the #3 2022 Best Firm For Young Accountants by Accounting Today. This is the second year that BSSF has been named a Best Firm for Young Accountants.
- Nationally ranked a Top Regional Firm in the Mid-Atlantic by Accounting Today. BSSF was ranked the #35 accounting firm in the Mid-Atlantic region in Accounting Today’s Top 100 Firms and Regional Leaders list in 2022.
- Nationally ranked the 23rd largest audit firm in the U.S. on AM Best’s list of the Top Audit and Actuarial Firms – 2022 Edition, based upon the loss reserves of the property and casualty insurance clients served. According to the total number of property and casualty insurance clients served, BSSF is ranked the 14th largest audit firm in the U.S.
- Nationally ranked one of Inside Public Accounting‘s Top 300 Firms in 2022.
- Ranked the #1 Best Place to Work in PA in the medium-sized company category for 2022, 2021 and 2020 by Central Penn Business Journal. (BSSF has been named one of the Best Places to Work in PA 19 times.)
- Ranked the #4 CPA firm, Central Penn Business Journal, Book of Lists 2022. CPA firm ranking was based on number of local accounting professionals (82)
- Ranked the #6 Family-Business Advisor, Central Penn Business Journal, Book of Lists 2022. Based upon the percentage of business made up of family-owned companies (65%).
- Voted a winner in the Maryland Daily Record’s 2022 Reader Rankings. BSSF was voted the winner in the category of Finance/Accounting/Insurance Providers: Best Accounting Firm.