"Working at BSSF means working with clients every day helping them achieve their goals, helping our staff grow professionally and achieve their individual goals and allowing me to keep a healthy balance between personal and professional in my life."
Hank is a Principal, Treasurer and Shareholder with Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz specializing in accounting and audits of property and casualty insurance companies. His expertise in the insurance practice extends beyond the Central PA region of Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York. Hank and his team serve clients in the Mid-Atlantic Region, with a focus in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, and New York. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from LaSalle University.
With over 30 years of accounting and auditing experience, Hank is a valuable asset to the Property and Casualty Insurance Companies Group at BSSF. He is a founding partner of M&A Advisory Group, LLC (which merged with BSSF effective January 1, 2014), a company which provided in-depth financial expertise to property and casualty insurance companies. In addition, Hank has served as Controller and CFO for a publicly traded property and casualty insurance holding company and has over 12 years experience working as a senior audit manager at a Big Four accounting firm.
With his extensive knowledge in the property and casualty insurance industry, Hank can assist your company with issues pertaining to mergers and acquisitions, GAAP and statutory accounting, auditing, state and federal taxation, reinsurance analysis, and more.
In addition, during his career, Hank has served numerous other clients in a wide variety of industries including colleges and universities, construction, nonprofit, and manufacturing. Hank has also advised clients on bankruptcy issues including being appointed to the bankruptcy court as a financial advisor for his client, and he has provided outsourced CFO services.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- PICPA Insurance Conference Committee – Member and former Chairman
- Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (PAMIC) – Former Financial Management Committee member
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter of IASA – Board Member at Large
- Hospice of Central Pennsylvania - Board of Directors
- Holy Spirit Hospital - Board of Directors
- The Lion Foundation – Former Treasurer and Director Emeritus
- Matthew Smith Memorial Golf Tournament, Inc. – Treasurer
- The Grace Milliman Pollock Performing Arts Center – Advisory Committee