James (Jim) Balthaser is a Principal of Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz (BSSF). With over 42 years of public accounting experience, Jim provides expertise to small and medium-sized businesses and not-for-profits on business formation, entity selection, financial projects and planning.
Jim is a natural helper, servant leader and has volunteered extensively with numerous charitable and community-based organizations throughout his life. He continually looks for ways to “pay it forward,” using much of his professional time to help clients minimize their tax burdens, develop financial goals and to monitor and assist them with achieving those goals.
Jim received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from The Pennsylvania State University and earned the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Personal Financial Planning Certificate of Education Achievement.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Eichelberger Professional Building Condominium Association – Secretary, Past President (2007 – 2021)
- Cross Keys Village, The Brethren Home Foundation – Current Treasurer, current Program and Finance Committee Vice Chair and Board Chair (2015-2018)
- VNA of Hanover and Spring Grove - Former Board and Endowment Fund Member and Officer
- The Rotary Club of Hanover – Member and Past President (2007-2008)
- Penn State Women’s Volleyball Booster Club – Former Board Member and Treasurer
- Past Board Member and/or Officer of numerous not-for-profit boards