John is a Principal and Shareholder with Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz, specializing in governmental and nonprofit auditing. As part of servicing these certain types of clients, John has over 30 years of experience with grant audits and also with OMB Circular A-133 “Single Audits.” John received his Bachelor of Science degree with a major in accounting from Elizabethtown College.
John’s audit clients are mostly nonprofit entities and governmental entities, including school districts, townships, and water and sewer authorities. John’s extensive nonprofit experience includes working with charitable and membership organizations, private foundations, and low income housing projects, following the audit requirements of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency. His breadth of work primarily serves the Central PA region of Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York.
He has completed the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Educational Achievement Program for governmental and nonprofit organizations, a 96-hour program which includes six written examinations. He also frequently attends the AICPA national governmental or nonprofit conferences.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials (PASBO)
- Governmental Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Hummelstown Arts Festival - Committee Member and Preview Party Chair Committee
- Zion Lutheran Church - Finance Committee Auditor