Scott is a Principal and Shareholder with Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz, specializing in the audits of property and casualty insurance entities (P&C) and employee benefit plans. Scott and his team serve clients in the Mid-Atlantic Region, with a focus in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Ohio, and New York.
Scott co-manages one of the largest regional property and casualty (P&C) insurance audit practices, which is also nationally ranked by A.M. Best. Scott has been involved in audits of P&C insurance entities for over 25 years. Within the P&C practice, Scott has a sizable practice involving workers’ compensation self-insured groups located in Pennsylvania, Maryland and California. Scott is an expert in statutory and GAAP insurance financial reporting. Scott is a regular speaker at PAMIC financial management seminar and regularly attends PAMIC, IASA and NAIC conferences, conventions, and meetings.
Scott also co-manages the Firm’s significant Employee Benefit Plan (EBP) Practice, Scott is responsible for the Firm’s audit services of employee benefit plans. Scott provides trusted advisory services for these clients pertaining to ERISA compliance and EBP GAAP reporting issues.
Additionally, Scott is the Firm’s Chair of the Transition Committee and member of the Firm’s 401(k) Committee. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Elizabethtown College.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- PICPA Insurance Industry Conference Committee Member
- PICPA Employee Benefit Plan Technical Issues Subcommittee Member
- PAMIC Financial Management Committee - Co-Chair of the Financial Management Committee
Awards & Honors
- Central Penn Business Journal's Forty Under 40 Award Winner - 2010
- Central PA Food Bank – Member of the Governance Committee and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Committee, Past Board Member and Finance Committee Chair
- ParentWorks, Inc. – Past Treasurer
- Family Service Partners – Past Finance Committee member