"I have learned that life, personal and professional, is all about relationships and nurturing those relationships. At BSSF, we take the time to focus on building long-term and successful relationships with clients."
Scott is a Principal and Shareholder with Brown Schultz Sheridan & Fritz, specializing in the audits of property and casualty insurance entities (P&C) and employee benefit plans. His expertise in these areas extends beyond the Central PA region of Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York. Scott and his team serve clients in the Mid-Atlantic Region, with a focus in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Ohio, and New York.
Scott co-manages one of the largest regional property and casualty (P&C) insurance audit practices, which is also nationally ranked by A.M. Best. Scott has been involved in audits of P&C insurance entities for over 20 years. Within the P&C practice, Scott has a sizable practice involving workers’ compensation self-insured groups. Scott is an expert in statutory and GAAP insurance financial reporting. Scott is a regular speaker at PAMIC financial management seminar and regularly attends PAMIC, IASA and NAIC conferences, conventions, and meetings.
As the Principal in charge of the Firm’s large Employee Benefit Plan (EBP) Practice, Scott is responsible for the Firm’s audit services for over 55 employee benefit plans. He oversees the performance of the audits and the issuance of every EBP audited financial statement issued by the Firm. Scott assists numerous clients with ERISA compliance and EBP GAAP reporting issues.
Additionally, Scott is the Chair of the Firm’s Process Improvement Committee and Transition Committee, member of the Firm’s 401(k) Committee, and on the Board of Directors for the Firm. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Elizabethtown College.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- PICPA Insurance Industry Conference Committee
- PAMIC Financial Management Committee
Awards & Honors
- Central Penn Business Journal's Forty Under 40 Award Winner - 2010
- Central PA Food Bank - Board Member and Chair of Finance Committee
- ParentWorks, Inc. – Past Treasurer
- Family Service Partners – Past Finance Committee member
- Tree of Life Lutheran Church - Past Council Member