BSSF’s team of forensic accountants work with organizations to detect and deter fraudulent acts by employees such as misappropriation of assets and billing fraud. Our professionals can consult with clients about fraud prevention and can provide financial investigation services where fraud is suspected. If fraud is discovered, we can identify the economic damages and give expert witness testimony in cases that are prosecuted. Because the reputations of individuals and companies are at stake, our professionals are discreet when conducting investigations or assisting clients in the implementation of fraud prevention measures.
Our forensic accounting and fraud prevention professionals possess specialized training and hold one or more of the following designations: Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), Accredited in Business Valuations (ABV), and Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA). Our breadth of work extends to many parts of the Commonwealth including the Central PA region of Harrisburg, Lancaster, and York as well as Philadelphia, State College, and Williamsport.
BSSF’s forensic accountants provide the following services:
- Assess an organization’s fraud vulnerability through internal control analyses
- Recommend policy and procedures to detect, prevent, and deter fraud
- Conduct financial investigations relating to theft, fraud, kickbacks, and conflicts of interest
- Prepare reports to assist in the recovery of assets in civil and criminal procedures
- Review the opposing expert’s damages report and report on the strengths and weaknesses of the report
- Assist with settlement discussions and negotiations
- Provide expert witness testimony
Meet our fraud services team: