Does your company have a Human Resources (HR) Specialist in-house? When small to medium-sized businesses do not have a designated human resources person on staff, the responsibilities of this position often fall on the President, Office Manager, or another individual who is wearing many other hats and does not always have enough time in the day to focus on HR.
The BSSF Human Resources Consulting Practice resolves this gap and provides support to clients with recruitment and staffing, employee relations, compliance with HR-related laws, HR audits, employee benefit plans, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and personnel manual and policy development. In turn, this allows you, the leadership team of your organization, to focus on the success and profitability of your company.
We offer a broad spectrum of services including:
- Job profile creation
- Position visibility on major national and industry-specific sites
- Candidate sourcing
- Detailed candidate reports
- Conducting interviews on-site or at your location
- Professional reference checks
- Offer letters and negotiations
Learn more about our recruitment consulting services.
- Assistance in resolving employee relations issues
- Compliance with applicable federal and state laws
- Assistance with policy interpretation
- Best practices for employee retention
- Compensation consulting
- Wellness programs
- Employee/personnel files
- Operational analysis – process and efficiencies evaluation
- Internal HR procedures
- Form I-9
On-Site and Remote Support
- Provide guidance on leave tracking and record keeping
- Responding to general eligibility inquiries
- Notice and internal documentation procedures
Personnel Manual & Policy Development
- Assist with general HR policy development
- Guidance on what should be included in a personnel manual
Meet the BSSF HR Consulting Practice Team
Susan T. Yohn, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, is the Director of Human Resources with BSSF with 14 years of experience in the HR industry. She consults with clients on all aspects of HR and helps them manage the recruitment process from vacancy to hire. Susan brings experience working with companies ranging from small/medium-sized to large companies. Additionally, she directs all areas of the BSSF HR Department internally.
Susan holds the designation of Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), a certification recognizing those who have mastered the strategic and policy-making aspects of HR management in the United States. She also earned her Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) designation.